Please Read This Disclaimer!
The information on these webpages is NOT a primary source. All the data has been transcribed from fiche copies of original records and is naturally subject to human error, both in the 21st century, and also in the century in which it was initially recorded.
Whilst I won’t knowingly publish anything which is incorrect, there is always the possibility of wrong conclusions being derived from the records, eg placement of people in incorrect family groupings.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any information here that you believe is incorrect, or if you have clarified some information with other sources.
I will update the site as quickly as is possible when new information is communicated to me.
- Century beginnings & ends: Whilst strictly speaking a new century does not begin until the year xx01 (eg 1701, 1801, 1901 etc), for clarity’s sake I have not adhered strictly to this in every case.
- The censuses, especially from 1851 onwards, improve the chances of being able to put people into family groups, although sometimes relationships given are impossibly incorrect – eg the term “son” when actually the child was a “grandson”.
- All the Parish Register Transcripts are used with the kind permission of the Somerset Archives. They must not be used for financial gain. See: Parish Registers Page for more detail.
- All the Census data is Crown Copyright. See Censuses Page for more detail.
- Various portions of this work have been supplied by third parties, names being mentioned beside the writing or photo involved. These people need to be contacted if you wish to reproduce any of their work for distribution or profit. Please email email@example.com
to obtain contact details.